Guidelines for National Taipei University of Technology Library Electronic Resources Usage
Amended by the Library Meeting Held on March 11, 2020
When using the electronic resources (databases, e-journals, e-books, etc.) made available by the library of National Taipei University of Technology (hereinafter referred to as the school), please stay within the terms and legal scope and strictly comply with the following principles:
I. Applicable to: Faculty and students (including part-time teachers) and readers in the library.
1. Faculty and students (including part-time teachers): can access electronic resources both on and off campus by logging in to the school's library E-Resources Gateway.
2. Non-school faculty and students (such as alumni and temporally leaving students): can enter the library as walk-in readers and access the electronic resources at the OPAC Area of the library after registering at the circulation desk.
III. It is the individual users' responsibility to ensure the use of electronic resources does not breach the terms and conditions specified by the resources providers and the resources are only for individual academic research or educational purposes. All users shall comply with the general principles as follows:
1. Do not transfer personal accounts to others.
2. Do not use other people's accounts.
3. Do not change the electronic resource setting without prior permission, thereby infringing upon the right to use of other members.
4. Do not use machines or programs to illegally access or damage electronic resources.
5. Do not infringe or improper download, including:
(1) Do not transmit, disseminate, or make the materials or parts of content available to non-school staff and students in any way or through any storage medium.
(2) Do not print and download entire periodicals, proceedings, and reports.
(3) Do not use automatic download software to print or download information excessively or systematically.
(4) Do not provide any software in the electronic resources to unauthorized party(s).
(5) Do not edit or extend the database contents (including articles, figures, tables, and copyright statement) or integrate the contents with other data by any forms.
6. The information obtained shall not be used for commercial practices.
IV. Please abide by the above-mentioned guidelines and relevant rules on intellectual property rights. If any violation is found and verified, the user shall bear the relevant legal responsibilities and will be handled in accordance with the "Policy for Reader Violations of the National Taipei University of Technology Library".