Books Recommendation Service description
Notes about services of book recommendations
1. How to use book recommendations
(1)Please use the book recommendation system to purchase recommended books online. Students and faculty members of the university can log into "campus portal website account password", and alumni can log into "library account".
(2)Way of handling online recommended books
Academic books: such books will be purchased after the book commissioner verify such books.
General Chinese books: in order not to violate the "library book collection and development policy", such books will be purchased after the library consider the fees used for purchasing books.
(3)Service of inputting the excel file of books into the system:
If the number of books recommended by a teacher is large, the teacher can also provide the excel file (file example), which will be sent to the library staff via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, provider.
(4)You can review the verification results and subsequent processing status of books through the system.
2. The number of recommend books: the number shall vary between different people:
(1) Student / staff / alumni (with the library card): 100 books per person per academic year.
(2) Full-time teacher: 1000 books per person per school year.
(3) Library commissioner: 10,000 copies books per person per school year.
3. Process: recommending a book for purchase will go through the process of checking the copy, estimating the price, making an order, etc., covering the steps from recommendation to purchase. The time required for different books is shown as below:
(1) It takes one month and a half for recommended domestic Chinese books to arrive at the library.
(2) It takes two to three months for mainland China, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish books to arrive at the library.
4. If you need to borrow recommended books, please click on "yes" under “do you need to register?”. The notification will be sent to you upon arrival of the book. Please borrow the book within seven days since the receipt of notification.
5. If you have any questions, please contact Xiao Jiaxiang, the library staff (extension number: 3109, shung @mail.ntut.edu.tw).