1.Notifications about patent application of your thesis/dissertation:
(1) Avoid to public release of your thesis/dissertaion. (refer to the second part)
(2) Apply for an embargo on release of your thesis/dissertaion. (How to apply?)
(3) Apply for an embargo on release of your ETD on the ETD System. (You can select the date you want to release to public by yourself.)
(4) Apply for an embargo on release of your thesis/dissertation abstract and select the “apply to hide abstract” button to upload “Application Form of Embargo on Release of Thesis/Dissertation Abstract.”
2. Any one of the following situations is deemed as “public release of theses/dissertations.”
(1) The oral defense examination is open to anyone.
(2) The thesis/dissertation's paper copy is in any one of the libraries for browsing or reading.
(3) The ETD full-text is uploaded to open network platforms with consent to public access.
3. To proceed with the application for patent right in Taiwan, it is recommended that you apply for patent right before the oral defense examination. If you decide to take the thesis oral defense examination first, it is recommended that you take the following measures, and complete the application process within six months.
(1) Notices for taking the oral defense examination:
• Avoid to reveal the technology to unspecified persons.
• Specify on the oral defense examination slideshow that this oral defense examination is a non-public occasion.
• Request all members taking part in the oral defense conference to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
(2) Examples of common neglects:
• Mistakenly think that the oral defense examination is non-public.
• Apply for an embargo on public release to ETD only and the thesis/dissertation's paper copy is in the library for browsing or reading.